The deadline for your stories is quickly approaching! Just 10 days to go!
TEN DAYS!! IS SHE KIDDING ME???
Are you wondering if you’re writing is good? I found this little checklist on-line at the Education Portal. How does your story measure up?
Want to know if you’re writing is ‘good?’ Here’s a quick checklist for when you edit. If you can answer ‘yes’ to all of these, you’re going to do fine.
- All of my ideas are interesting and worth talking about.
- My examples are specific, and none of them are distracting. (All my sentences support my topic.)
- It is clear to the reader what the purpose of my writing is, and they can follow the purpose from beginning to end.
- My writing is well-organized and doesn’t take random detours.
- My writing has an identifiable voice that doesn’t change.
- The work is free of spelling and grammatical mistakes.
Now, you might be wondering what those blue words in #5 mean. What in the world is an identifiable voice?
No, no, no! Not THAT kind of voice!
Click here to watch a video all about developing your WRITER’S voice!
In conclusion, you must have a conclusion! It’s the last paragraph and it’s really important, like the icing on the cake or the cherry on top! Click here to learn about writing a concluding paragraph. Remember, I must receive your story by March 29, 2013. (Check out my last post for the other requirements.) I’m looking forward to publishing YOUR story in my book!